Black Rice & Salmon Salad
Serves 4 individual portions or 6–7 as a side dish
- 200 g uncooked black rice
- 1 cucumber
- 1 green apple
- 1 shallot finely chopped squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 bunch of fresh dill chopped
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped mint
- 150 g/51⁄2 oz. hot-smoked salmon
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons good quality olive or rapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon or lime juice might need more
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Rinse the black rice a few times, then bring to the boil in a large pan of water. Cook until al dente following the packet instructions. Once cooked, rinse well to remove the excess colour. Set aside to cool.
Slice the cucumber lengthways, then scrape out the seeds and chop into 1/2 cm pieces. Chop the apple into similarly sized pieces. Add the cucumber, apple and shallot to a serving bowl with a squeeze of lemon juice to keep the apple fresh. Add the cooked and cooled black rice, dill, parsley and mint. Flake in the salmon pieces and mix gently to combine everything together.
Whisk together the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and season to taste. Pour the dressing over the salad and stir. Do adjust the seasoning once you have done this – it may need more lemon juice or even a squeeze of lime (this depends on the saltiness of the fish and the sweetness of the apple you have used).
The post Black Rice & Salmon Salad appeared first on Atelme.